NEW FOR THIS UPDATE: FINAL SCRIPT, MICROPHONE PLOT & RESOURCE MATERIALS; FINALE & UNDER THE SEA CHOREOGRAPHY VIDEOS; DVD OPTIONS SURVEY; SALUTE SCRIPT
FINAL SCRIPT, MICROPHONE PLOT & RESOURCE MATERIALS: The links below now have the most current and "final" versions of the script, cast list, and scene breakdown. I have also add a link to the microphone plot as was discussed this past weekend. Please let me know if you detect any issues in regards to any of these materials. (NOTE: The script may still change slightly based upon timing issues if we do not progressively tighten the show timing.) You are not expected to print the new materials, but, of course, may if you wish.
FINALE & UNDER THE SEA CHOREOGRAPHY VIDEOS: The tutorial videos for the cast version of the choreography for "Under the Sea" and the "Finale" have been loaded onto You Tube. Use them to become familiar with the basic choreographed moves. Some (those on the stairs) will have less movement versions of these moves. We will review them all this Saturday, but the more you are familiar with them in advance, the better it will be. Here are the links to the Under the Sea video and to the Finale video.
DVD OPTIONS SURVEY: On Sunday, we briefly discussed the issues regarding a DVD for this year's show. Because of the high costs of production for the fully-edited, multi-camera videos as we have done in the past, we cannot provide that option without a guaranteed minimum revenue for the videography company. This means a possibly higher cost for the video unless sufficient numbers of videos are sold to meet the cost.
The alternative to the fully edited DVD would be a DVD that includes video from two different nights - a first night shot from a stationary camera at the back of the house with a wide shot of the full stage and with clean audio from the sound company's feed plus a second night from a mobile camera picking up close-ups in each scene. You would end up with two entire shows (one far and one near), but with no editing together.
We would like each of you to e-mail us at email@example.com with your name (family name(s) if responding for multiple people) and answers to the following questions:
You can cut and paste the questions into the e-mail and provide your answers there.
1) Do you want to have a DVD of this production?
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS INDEPENDENTLY OF EACH OTHER:
2) If the fully-edited, multi-camera video like we have had in the past cost $45, would you commit to purchasing one?
3) If the fully-edited, multi-camera video like we have had in the past cost $40, would you commit to purchasing one?
4) If the fully-edited, multi-camera video like we have had in the past cost $35, would you commit to purchasing one?
5) If the fully-edited, multi-camera video like we have had in the past cost $30, would you commit to purchasing one?
6) If you would not pay any of the above amounts, or if we do not get the minimum amounts needed and have to do so, would you still be interested in the simpler video option of two shows with not editing (one full stage shot from rear of audience and one shot closer in with a moving camera getting closer shots in each scene)?
7) If the simpler video cost $25, would you commit to purchasing one?
8) If the simpler video cost $20, would you commit to purchasing one?
SALUTE SCRIPT: A link has been added below to see the copy of the script for the Salute to America and other preshow segments. NOTE: This script is yet to be modified to identify specific singers and microphone usage.
STILL IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM PRIOR UPDATES
PARKING: NO ONE, NO ONE, NO ONE is allowed to pull into the grounds whether or not Gate 4's drive through gate is open UNLESS they have real, specific, verifiable permission from CHUCK OR RICHARD (ONLY) and have provided the necessary paperwork to do so.
EVERYONE, EVERYONE, EVERYONE must park in the outer parking lot only on the right side as you pull in from Arabia Street - that is, in front of the Taj Mahal building - and not in front of the Shalimar building. You may then enter through the walk-in gate at Gate 4.
(click the link above to access the sendspace site where you can find the current versions of the music tracks for the show)
(click the link above to access the current cast list reflecting latest changes made.)
(click the above link to access the current scene breakdown chart)
(click the above link to access the current rehearsal schedule.)
(click the above link to access the current script)
(click the above link to access the current microphone plot)
(click the above link to access the script for the Salute to America and pre-show segments)
CHECK BACK: As always check Friday night / first thing Saturday to see if anything is new.